Discriminate between products and increase your product value as well as profits with WRAP Certification in India.
What is ISO WRAP Certification
WRAP is an abbreviation of Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production. It is an independent, objective, non-profit team of global social compliance experts dedicated to promoting safe, lawful, humane and ethical manufacturing around the world through certification and education. It is mainly concentrated on the program for manufacturers of clothing, footwear and, sewn products. WRAP is a non-profit and independent organization facility for compliance with the 12 WRAP Principles dedicated to promoting lawful, ethical, and safe manufacturing process. Wrap Certification principles independently monitor and certify compliance with these socially responsible global standards. This is the world’s largest certification program for textile (clothing) industries.
WRAP is a global standard supported by more than 20 international trade and industry associations and the International Apparel Federation, the American Apparel & Footwear Association. Demonstrate strong rules and ethics, by certifying your commitment to uphold the social and ethical standard, to fair labor practices, environmental considerations, and security standards. WRAP certification increases your global competitiveness in the market and strengthens your corporate value.
WRAP Certification is divided into different categories:-
Platinum (2 years validity) Demonstrate full compliance with 12 WRAP Principles for 3 consecutive certification audits.
Gold (1-year validity) Demonstrate full compliance with 12 WRAP Principles for a year audit.
Silver (6 months validity) Silver WRAP audit finds it to be in substantial compliance with WRAP’s 12 Principles with identifies minor non-compliances in policies and procedures (including that employees are paid at least the legal minimum wage and any required overtime compensation).
Benefits of WRAP Certification
- Improve market value of the Organization by fulfilling 12 WRAP Principles.
- Reduction in wastage and improve the Risk Management system and policies.
- Develops mutual understanding between the team of an organization and the end Customers and Clients.
- Manifest Customer Satisfaction by delivers quality products and services.
- Improvement in the Production cycle.
- Achieve sustainability in the procedure
- Increases business credibility
- Gain new business Internationally
- Reduction in recalls from Customers
- Boost productivity
Requirements for WRAP Certification
The WRAP Certification Program’s objective is to fulfill the 12 Principles of the WRAP. These include
- Compliance with laws and workplace regulations under the local and national laws of the jurisdictions
- Prohibition of forced, indentured, bonded, or trafficked labor
- Prohibition of child labor below the age of 14 years is against the law
- Prohibition of harassment or abuse or corporal punishment in any form. An organization should ensure that a workplace is respectful of a worker’s rights and dignity
- Compensation and benefits stating that an organization will pay at least the minimum total compensation, any premiums for overtime work, including any mandatory social insurance as required by law
- Hours of work should not exceed the limitations as limited by law
- Prohibition of discrimination as per the employee’s ability to do the job, rather than based on personal characteristics
- Health and safety concerns must be adopted by an organization to provide with a healthy work environment
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining to ensure an effective mechanism is in place
- Environmental rules and standards facilitating the operation need to be fulfilled
- Customs compliance of the regulation to demonstrate the goals to be achieved
- Facilities security to guard against of any non-manifested cargo
Why to obtain WRAP Certification in India?
WRAP certifies the factories in the global sewn products sectors. A WRAP Certification will ensure that your manufacturing/production process is with the WRAP Principles, to provide your customers assurance as per their needs. Verifying the social responsibilities and ensuring traceability of the goods that they are ethically produced.
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- Ascent WORLD provides relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of WRAP Certification.
- We Ascent guide on the road map to WRAP Certification by our experienced and qualified team for your business throughout the WRAP supply chain.
- We Ascent have been providing WRAP Certification in India for the past 10+years to achieve the highest available WRAP standards.
- Ascent experts are on hand to serve you at any time 24X7, anywhere in the world.
- Our services can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help to improve the efficiency of the WRAP business.
- With Ascent achieving WRAP Certifications is just a cup of tea.
Get a quote today to obtain a WRAP Certification in India and achieve a non-binding offer with no extra charges further.
Frequently asked questions
What is the cost of WRAP Certification in India?
The costing of WRAP Certification involves the nature, size of an organization, and level of Certification you need. It also adds consultancy, audit, and certification charges.
What is the validity of the WRAP Certification?
The validity of the certification depends on the level of certification (Platinum, Gold, Silver) your organization requires with annual Surveillance.
What are the 12 WRAP Principles?
The major and main 12 WRAP Principles are
- Compliance with laws and workplace regulations
- Prohibition of forced labor
- Prohibition of child labor
- Prohibition of harassment or abuse
- Compensation and benefits
- Hours of work
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Health and safety
- Prohibition of discrimination
- Customs compliance
Who can comply to WRAP Certification?
WRAP certification can only be applied to individual production units. Holding companies, brands, and retailers are not eligible to apply for WRAP.
How to identify WRAP Certified products?
Several brands, manufacturers, and retailers have chosen to indicate on their websites whether they source from WRAP-certified facilities.