RoHS CERTIFICATION: Consultants in India
RoHS is a product certification which lays down restrictions of the hazardous substance in electrical and medical equipment to assist protection to the environment and health in the EU (European Union).
RoHS forbids the use of hazardous substance during the time of manufacture. RoHS encourages organizations to take safety measures during the time of manufacturing to avoid wastage of resources and usage of the hazardous substance.
The hazardous substance in the equipment could be eliminated during waste management process which could impede many human and environmental hazards. By following the guidelines laid by RoHS, equipment manufacturing firms verify the safety of their products also gaining consumer trust. RoHS also features measures to prevent hazardous substance from entering the products later in life.
RoHS is extending its restrictions to the new category of equipment arising in the EU. It had made a fair contribution to an increasing market share of European Union and providing an opportunity for fair trade. All types of businesses, except distributors, will have to keep relevant compliance documentation for a minimum of 10 years.
RoHS restricts the use of six hazardous materials in the manufacture of various types of electronic and electrical equipment.
- lead (Pb)
- mercury (Hg)
- hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI))
- polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE)
The directive applies to equipment as defined by a section of the WEEE directive which includes Consumer equipment, large household appliance, small household appliances, lighting equipment, toys, leisure and sports equipment, electronic and electrical tools, medical devices, IT and telecommunication equipment, automatic dispenser and monitoring and control instruments. All the sectors need to adhere to the requirements of RoHS to achieve the certificate.
- Conduct product testing
- Monitor conformity compliance
- Carry out inspections
- Verify product safety
- Take enforcement actions
- Eliminate hazardous substance during the time of manufacturing
- Internal auditing
- On-site testing
- Consumer safety
- Consumer satisfaction
- Prevention and elimination of hazardous substance
- Prevents wastage of resources
- Saves cost
- Better market opportunity in EU
- The benefit of International stature to your product.
- Product quality is enhanced to meet RoHS requirements.
- The absence of corrective training and employee education safety measures in the manufacturing process leads to failure in RoHS Certification achievement.
- The absence of continuous monitoring and controlling in the organization makes them ineligible for the certification.
- Too many documents generate predicament in the manufacturing process making the achievement of RoHS arduous for them.
- Adopting a bureaucratic and incompatible RoHS certification system can prove painful, redundant and build fear in employs which can degrade their motivation.
- Auditing, Training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
- Unprofessional and incorrect offers given by Consultants that displays a very wide range of pricing. This creates confusion and hampers the Consultant selection process.
How Ascent World can help you?
- Ascent provides complete understanding and proper training to personnel that can solve RoHS related issues easily. Ascent provides training based on the need of the organization and not unnecessary ones.
- Ascent World with its expert knowledge and more than 18 years of experience guides you perfectly to achieve the right RoHS directive.
- The Ascent Solutions Architect guides you through the entire RoHS compliance and implementation till achievement of certification which will give you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats, no non-useful documents are ensured.
- Hiring Ascent can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
- Ascent facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
- Ascent works 24X7, to cater to the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even in the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.