Demonstrating RoHS Certification in India helps an Organization to avoid restriction of hazardous elements from the Electrical/Electronic devices to ensure the safety of the users.
What is RoHS Certification?
The reduction of the Hazards from the Electrical and Electronic devices helps to gain Customers support, brand loyalty by RoHS Certification.
RoHS is a product level compliance-based on the use of the aforementioned substances in most Electrical and Electronic Equipments (EEE). RoHS Directives calls for the elimination of Hazard substances to achieve the assurance that the Electronic and Electric devices are regulated to control the levels of certain hazardous substances in them. The reduction in certain substances helps to prevent damage to human health and the environment. All the products need to be monitored and controlled to be within the guidelines of RoHS compliance. All new products need to be monitored for the concentration of restricted substances.
The restricted substances include lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (Cr), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated Diphenyl ether (PBDE). RoHS compliance Certificate bans or limits the usage of these Hazardous substances in any Electrical and electronic equipment (EEE). Hence, the RoHS Directives states that Hazardous substances should not be added to any products; and if required, should be within the limit stated in the Directives to trace the safety of the devices and compliance with the RoHS Directive.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) 2002/96/EC is linked with RoHS Restriction of Hazardous Substances. WEEE sets the process for collecting, recycling, and recovering huge amounts of toxic e-waste as a part of a legislative. RoHS Directives apply to all manufacturers, resellers, and distributors of products including large household appliances small household appliances, communications equipment, toys, and sports equipment. All the products must pass WEEE to get an entry into EU markets.
Benefits of RoHS Certification
- Consumer safety by avoiding or restricting the use of Hazardous Substances.
- Consumer satisfaction is achieved
- Prevention and elimination of hazardous substance in EEE
- Reduction and prevention of e- wastage of resources
- Cost reduction by fewer recalls or damages
- Better market opportunity internationally
- Enhancement of product quality
- Competitive advantage
- Win new businesses
Requirements of RoHS Certification
- Conduct product testing to verify the usage of Hazardous substances in EEE
- Regulate and monitor conformity compliance of the standard
- Carry out inspections to state the product is safe for usage
- Verify product safety to ensure the public health
- Take enforcement actions if required (in case of usage of hazard elements)
- Eliminate or limit the use of hazardous substance during the time of the manufacturing process
- Conduct Internal Auditing
- On-site testing for continual improvement
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- We Ascent have our team of Consultants and Auditors with a professional attitude to conduct the RoHS Certification process for your Organization.
- We Ascent have experience of 10+years for providing training and knowledge to comply with RoHS Directives
- We Ascent follow the processes to add value at every stage, by reducing the Non-Conformities of the Standard.
- We Ascent provide you with the best quote to value for money-including Internal and External audit costs, with no extra cost.
- Ascent WORLD is available to help you 24X7 to solve your queries.
- We Ascent work in Plan-Do-Check-Act to remove hindrances in achieving the RoHS Certification.
- We Ascent follow all the ethics to frame the outline that suits your needs and helps in achieving desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is RoHS Compliant?
RoHS Compliant means the equipment is under the RoHS Directive and passed the documented testing of Hazardous substances does not exceed the prescribed limit.
How long does the RoHS Certificate valid for?
RoHS Certificate is valid for 5 years to record product safety and verify RoHS Compliance.
What is RoHS CE Marking?
RoHS CE Compliance is mandatory if you want to sell electronic products in EU Nations.
What is the cost of RoHS Certification in India?
RoHS provide traceability for product safety restricted the use of Hazardous substances. Costing for RoHS depends on the annual revenue of an organization depending on the size of the industry.
Is RoHS Certified products lead free?
RoHS has restricted the use of Hazardous substances in their EEE. Lead is one of the Hazardous substances. In the RoHS directive, they have clearly mentioned the user must not exceed the exact limit. For lead, it is 0.004%.