Achieve Organic Certification in India to enjoy Market Privilege from your Competitors
What is Organic Certification?
India is trying to produce more and more Organic Products for the welfare of the people and nature. The pandemic has led many people to prioritize their health more seriously and reconsidered their food choices for a better safe way, opting for more organic products rather than packed food. The fear of contracting COVID-19 coupled with the closure of many restaurants and cafes due to hygienic and safe food processes correlates with a 50% increase in home food consumption, with many people eating up to three meals only homemade food per day, where people used to consider eating outside earlier. It is a stark reversal of pre-pandemic trends.
This helped organic food suppliers, as they are enjoying a sales increase, there are lagging worries because more people are switching to Organic based food. Therefore, many companies are opting for Organic Certification to survive and give a tough fight in the competitive market. The good news is that the demand for sustainable and organic foods is expected to increase in the coming years; which would help the farmers and cultivators to grow their crops Organically and enjoy the benefit of return.
The National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) was implemented by the APEDA, Ministry of Commerce & Industries, Government of India implemented Organic Standard to gain the standards for organic production, promotion of organic farming, and marketing their produce. With these recognitions, Indian organic products are duly certified for Organic Certified by the accredited certification bodies of India. APEDA is also in the process of Bilateral equivalence with South Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Japan, etc. For exporting any Agricultural and farm Organic product, gaining Organic Certification is the basic requirement.
Organic Certification helps to differentiate the Organic Products from the other products in the market. The organic logo guarantees that the product in question complies with the common food standards and re free from chemicals or synthesizers and fertilizers which have harmful effects on human health and therefore help in improving and maintaining our immune system.
Benefits of Organic Certification
Organic agriculture is a fast-growing sector resulting in the faster requirement to acquire Organic Certification. Organic Certified Products benefit both the producer and the consumer. Some benefits of Organic Certification are:
- Receive premium prices of Organic Products
- Access to faster-growing market
- Builds Customer trust
- Maintain Environmental Balance
- Competitor Edge
- Improved quality Product
- Decreases in diseases
- Avoidance in Chemical-based Fertilizers
- Adoption of Organic Approach of Farming
Requirements of Organic Certification
“Organic production” is explained as “a production system or a farming system that is managed with specific conditions and approach by the integration of all the practice to foster cycling of resources to grow the crop organically and promote the ecological balance of the environment, and conserve biodiversity.” To acquire Organic Certification for your cultivated, you need to maintain the following:
- Maintain the basic requirement of the soil
- Description of Crop Production
- Maintain pH level and fertility of the soil
- Selection of Crop as per the season and requirement
- Fulfill National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) norms
- Use of organic Seeds, Natural Fertilisers, or Manure for cultivation
- Prevention of spread of bacteria and fungi through Pest Control
- Prevention from feeding by Insects
- Proper Irrigation Management
- Availability of Storage
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- We Ascent have our team of Consultants and Auditors with a professional attitude to conduct the Organic Certification process for your Organization or the farming land with proper Steps to implement Organic Certification.
- We Ascent have experience of 10+years for providing training and knowledge to comply with Organic Certification.
- We Ascent follow the processes to add value at every stage, by reducing the Non-Conformities of the Standard.
- We Ascent provide you with the best quote to value for money-including Internal and External audit costs, with no extra cost.
- Ascent WORLD is available to help you 24X7 to solve your queries.
- We Ascent work in Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) to remove hindrances/drawbacks in achieving the Organic Certification for your organization.
- We Ascent follow all the ethics to frame the outline that suits your needs and helps in achieving desired results
Frequently Asked Questions
Why grow Organic?
Organic consumption is the most increasing demand of the public and future in this polluted world. To make the public availability of naturally grown products with following the organic way of cultivation, free from any use of chemicals and mainly focus on consumer health concern. So, to cater to the demand and enjoy the benefits of the market growing Organic is a must.
For whom is Organic Certification for?
If you’re processing, cultivating, packing or repacking, storing, wholesaling/trading, labelling, importing, or marketing organic food or drink products. The term Organic is for you. Operations such as harvesting crops, warehousing the crops for storage, packing and distribution will also be included and need to be licensed for Organic Certification if handling Organic products.
What does the term "Organic" Cover?
Organic standards look at all aspects of organic food from manufacturing and production to sales. The Soil Association Certification organic standards cover the EU’s organic regulations (EC 834/2007 & EC 889/2008) and include some additional standards subsidiary to Organic cultivation.
What is the cost of Organic Certification in India?
The organic certification fees vary wildly depending agent you choose and the type of crops you cultivate. The cost of a single farm becoming certified with other organic operations differ from the multiple cultivations of crops. This also includes Certification and audit charges.
What is the validity of Organic Certification?
Your Organic Certification will remain valid indefinitely lifetime, if there are no problems in the process and follows all the regulations but like others, Organic Certification requires yearly Surveillance. The only way your Certification will end is if you voluntarily surrender the certificate or if your certification is suspended.