Definition of ISO 9001 Gap Analysis
ISO 9001 Standard is a well-known international framework that aims to introduce Quality Management System (QMS) in an organization. When any business or enterprise seeks the best results within its management unit, production section, or other types of services; it is ISO 9001:2015 that supports every department to carry out affirmative operations.
However, the steps of ISO 9001 Gap Analysis are the ones that help the organization to verify whether they introduce ISO 9001 QMS appropriately or not. This phase is responsible for doing the necessary changes to the system as compliant.
ISO 9001 Gap Analysis is also a major ingredient that holds the power to assist potential and existing clients/organizations regarding the status of current Quality Management System within the processes.
Who Does ISO 9001 Gap Analysis?
The fact between ISO 9001 Gap Analysis and audit is that during the audit, the organization always compares procedures and policies as per ISO 9001 Requirements. However, a gap analysis will assist your business or enterprise to make some valid comparisons with the standard.
Besides, both proposed the ideas that lead to attaining the Quality Management System. A business requires an auditor (should be qualified though) to complete the Gap Analysis. This person will provide the checklist with necessary recommendations and documentation to meet the requirements of ISO 9001 Certification.
This international standard can only be accomplished by attaining QMS successfully within the organization. The ISO 9001 Gap Analysis is considered a Pre-Audit. The activities are prior to the internal audit so that everything will be in place for further processes.
Benefits of ISO 9001 Gap Analysis
Conducting an ISO 9001 Gap Analysis can provide an organization with the following benefits
- Identifying Weak Points: If your business is under some strategies, the Gap Analysis will help you to understand its functionality, determine your team’s performance, and verify whether each plan is effective or not. After all the analysis, it will give the root cause of performance gaps.
- Measuring Current Resources: If your team is not aware of facts of surplus resources, a Gap Analysis can help the organization attain the right targets for using the resources.
- Documentation Requirements: Analyse the requirements and be a tool with regard to Documentation- Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms/Formats, etc.
- Responsibilities: Setting out specific Responsibilities and Authorities at various stages.
When to perform A ISO 9001 Gap Analysis?
A Gap Analysis for ISO 9001 Certification is required as it helps in the identification of great advantages that suits the Quality Management System. However, an organization should conduct the process initially before the start of planning and implementing the QMS within the system; this can also be done additionally- quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
It totally depends on the management of a business as they are here to decide when and how to act to attain deserving targets.
How To Perform Gap Analysis Checklist?
Here is the Gap Analysis Checklist that involves in the Gap Analysis phase:
1. Scheduling the Gap Analysis
- Select the appropriate date
- Communicate with employees about the processes
- Involve the Top Management and let them know the intent, criteria, and objectives of such Gap Analysis
- Understand the comfort zone of the workforce
- Make sure that everyone should be comfortable answering the auditor’s questions.
- Determine the process as per the area of the facility
- Divide the facilities into different sections for easy Gap Analysis
- If a business hires a third-party audit team, then appoint it to cover different areas of your facility.
- Arrange the Gap Analysis checklists to verify as per the ISO 9001 QMS requirements.
2. Conducting the Gap Analysis
- Follow the schedule
- Evaluate the current QMS
- Focus on compliance and non-compliance
- Inform the auditor about all your activities
- Make sure that everything matches ISO 9001 Compliance
3. Complete the Gap Analysis Report
- To identify Processes and Areas which are not follow ISO 9001 standard requirements
- To identify Processes and Areas where responsibilities and authorities have not been clearly defined
- To identify Processes and Areas where documentation and records do not exist
- Processes that agree with the ISO 9001 Certification Standard
- Methods that follow the ISO 9001 documentation
- Procedures to redesign that do not comply with the ISO 9001 Standard.
- Processes to activate that are not currently in operation.
Why Ascent WORLD?
Here are the reasons that you should hire this consultancy agency considering the importance of ISO 9001 Compliance and Gap Analysis:
- Ascent WORLD hires Highly qualified team members (M.B.A., Degree Engineers) and Lead Auditors who have rich professional experience. A business will have a 100% success rate for global standards certification including ISO of our clients from reputed certifying bodies and branded images and leading names in the market.
- Professional trainers and consultants have experience with different companies. They will provide top-notch management training, ISO consultancy, process improvement concept implementation, and ISO series consultancy.
- Ascent WORLD is available 24X7 to cater to the customers’ and clients’ needs.
- Ascent WORLD has well-trained and experienced consultants who can do internal audits and ISO 9001 Gap Analysis in India precisely.
- Ascent WORLD conducts a very thorough Gap Analysis, and presents an exhaustive report.
- The kind of Gap Analysis Reporting that Ascent WORLD develops and uses for reporting, including to the Top Management is highly serene, lucid, non-bureaucratic, and self-explanatory.
- The Gap Analysis report created and delivered by Ascent WORLD, is most of the time- Self-Explanatory. The report very suitably tells the Process owner and the team, what is expected, and how that is going to be achieved, through documentation, records, reports, policies/procedures, including the responsibilities and timelines for achieving the same.
Apart from these, we offer the following Unique Selling Points (USPs):
- International reputation
- Higher expertise
- Knowledgeable consultants.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches
- Assistance from skilled professionals.
- Certification is guaranteed.
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- 24×7 support system activated
- Ascent WORLD is not working under a few temporary individuals or hiring outsiders to do your work. The result is assured with us.
Read Latest Blogs