ISO 45001 Certification: Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S)
Obtaining ISO 45001 Certification in India can prevent your organization from any injuries or incidents to your employees and provide safe working conditions.
What is ISO 45001 Certification?
ISO 45001:2018 is an International Standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, with guidance to enable an organization to proactively improve its OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance. ISO 45001 is intended to apply to any organization regardless of its size, type, and nature.
ISO 45001:2018 is an ISO standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization for management systems of Occupational Safety and Health (OH&S), published in March 2018. The goal of ISO 45001 Certification is to reduce occupational injuries and diseases. The standard is based on guidelines of the OHSAS 18001, labor standards, conventions, and International Labor Organization, and national standards.
ISO 45001 applies to any organization that wants to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to provide occupational health and safety to its workforce eliminating hazards and minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities. ISO 45001 helps an organization to obtain the desired outcomes of its OH&S management system and even achieve the objective of an organization. Consistent with the OH&S policy of the organization, the intended outcomes of an OH&S management system can be gained easily:
a) continual improvement of OH&S performance;
b) fulfillment of legal requirements and other requirements;
c) achievement of OH&S objectives.
Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification
An ISO 45001 certified based organization helps to improve its OH&S performance by:
- determining and implementing an OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
- establishing systematic processes to account for its risks and opportunities
- determining the hazards to minimize their potential effects
- establishing operational controls and policies to manage its OH&S risks and incidents
- increasing awareness of its OH&S risks
- evaluating its OH&S performance by taking appropriate actions for continual improvements
- ensuring workers active role in OH&S matters
In consolidation, these measures and procedures will ensure that an organization’s reputation to safe work place will be promoted, and can have more direct benefits to an organization, such as:
- improving its capability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- reducing the overall costs of incidents
- reducing the malfunctioning of the system
- reducing the cost of insurance premiums of the workforce
- reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
- recognition for achieving an international benchmark
Requirements of ISO 45001 Certification
The new ISO high- level structure (HLS) means that the new ISO 45001 standard will be as follows to be achieved:
- Context of the organization by understanding the needs and expectations of workers and other interested parties, to the combination of internal and external factors and conditions to determine the OH&S management system.
- Leadership The top management needs to establish appropriate policies to implement ISO 45001 in an organization.
- Planning of actions includes systems proactively identify any circumstances for the circumstances and opportunities to identify the incidents before happening.
- Support includes competence and awareness of the workers and the management to establish and maintain an effective OH&S MS.
- Operation to implement and plan changes to processes in order to eliminate or reduce OH&S risks
- Performance evaluation systems for the evaluation of compliance of guidelines of the standard and other regulations of the law
- Improvement in the process needs to be ongoing to improve the suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the OH&S management system.
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- We Ascent have our team of consultants and auditors with a professional attitude to conduct ISO 45001 certification process for your organization.
- We Ascent have experience of 10+years for providing training and knowledge to achieve ISO 45001 certificate.
- We Ascent follow the processes to add value at every stage, by reducing the non-conformities of the standard.
- We Ascent provide you with the best quote to value for money-including internal and external audit costs, with no extra cost.
- Ascent WORLD is available to help you 24X7 to solve your queries.
- We Ascent in Plan-Do-Check-Act to remove hindrances in achieving the ISO 45001 Certification.
- We Ascent follow all the ethics to frame the outline that suits your needs and helps in achieving desired results.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to transit from OHSAS to ISO 45001 Certification?
To transit from OHSAS to ISO 45001 follow quick and easy steps developed by Ascent WORLD.
What is the cost of ISO 45001 Certification in India?
The cost of ISO 45001 will on a fixed basis. No hidden costing. The cost depends on
- Size of an organization.
- Sector and location you operate in.
- Internal and external audit charges with certification.
Is ISO 45001 mandatory Certification?
ISO 45001 is a voluntary Certificate. Achieving ISO 45001 Certificate help in the safety of the workforce and help in standing out from your competitors.
How long will ISO 45001 Certification take?
The certification process can be completed in approximately 45 days, depending upon the complexity and size of an organization.
How long does the ISO 45001 Certification valid for?
ISO 45001 certification is valid for 3 years by Annual Surveillance audit and Re-Certification.