The interpretations of the conduct of Risk Assessment based on ISO 41001:2018 Facility management is difficult and highly specific and strategic. Documentation against clause requirements are quite extensive and requires expertise. Please contact Ascent WORLD Group for correct details and when wanting to document and implement and certify against ISO 41001:2018 standard.
Determining the risks involves:
- Considering the issues referred and requirements with interested parties
- Understanding that risks are often expressed in terms of a combination of the consequences of an event (including changes in circumstances) and the associated likelihood of occurrence and their impact, if they do occur, on operations and people (deals with risk management);
- Identifying the opportunities and threats;
- Reviewing the types and level of risk whenever there is a material change in circumstances.
As per Ascent WORLD, Risks and opportunities can be considered under the following areas or other broadly-based criteria:
Assuring intended outcomes involves:
- Understanding the criteria that could trigger a particular risk response;
- Ensuring that appropriate resources are available to respond in the desired timeframe;
- Ensuring that personnel are adequately trained;
- Integrating and implementing these actions into the facility management system process.
Achieving continual improvement in risk management involves:
- Learning from the experience of other facilities and organizations;
- Improving the identification of opportunities and threats;
- Holding post-event reviews to identify lessons learned;
- Liaison with governmental security and emergency services on current and emerging risks;
- Liaison with the demand organization’s internal risk planning functions.
Planning actions to respond to identified opportunities and threats involves:
- The likelihood of an occurrence of an identified risk;
- Assessing the likely impact of an occurrence;
- Considering potential actions to prevent or reduce the likelihood of an occurrence;
- Considering potential actions to reduce the impact of an occurrence (i.e. mitigation);
- The degree of acceptability of any residual risk;
- Preparing plans to implement the identified preventive actions;
- Preparing plans to initiate and implement risk responses (e.g. emergency preparedness plans);
- Preparing plans to provide temporary operational capability following a risk event (e.g. business continuity plans (see ISO 22301)
Contact Ascent WORLD for implementation and certification towards BCMS- ISO 22301.
- Preparing plans to restore the services to full operation as quickly as possible (e.g. recovery plans);
- Integrating all these plans into Facility management processes;
- Ensuring that documented information will be available to evaluate if the risk responses have been effective.
The organization should determine how any issues and needs/expectations of interested parties be are to be addressed. This should involve evaluating the need for a plan of action and, if necessary:
- Integrating these actions into the Facility management system process;
- Implementing the actions as described and appropriate;
- Ensuring that documented information will be available to evaluate the actions for effectiveness.
The interpretations of the conduct of Risk Assessment based on ISO 41001:2018 is difficult and highly specific and strategic. Documentation usually includes creating a Risk Matrix, based on various parameters, conducting Risk ratings, and identification of Operational Controls and responsibilities. Documentation against clause requirements are quite extensive and requires expertise. Implementation against these documentation requirements is also quite extensive.
Please contact Ascent WORLD Group for correct details and when wanting to document and implement and certify against ISO 41001:2018 standard.
Read Latest Blogs