ISO 22716 Certification
Getting the attention of customers through the quality of cosmetic items of a manufacturer using the ISO 22716 Certification in India.
What is ISO 22716 Certification?
ISO 22716 Certification is the international standard that focuses on the comprehensive guidelines for GMP for cosmetics- for the production, control, storage and shipment of cosmetic products. These guidelines cover the quality aspects of the product being manufactured, and do not cover safety and environmental protection requirements.
The standard was introduced in 2007. It is appropriate for the cosmetics and personal care section. Cosmetics are useful items for the enhancement of beauty.
These guidelines give out organizational and practical advice on the management of the human, technical and administrative factors affecting a particular cosmetics product and its quality. These have been written to allow the cosmetics product to be used following the flow of products from receipt to shipment.
Considering the term “GMP”, it is defined as Good Manufacturing Practices. These are some organizational guidelines appropriate for an industry. GMP is the one that focuses on the quality of the manufacturing process of the products.
However, there are certain products such as deodorants, creams, hair sprays, etc. that require certain certifications first. With the help of the ISO 22716 Certification in India, a cosmetic manufacturer receives the clearance to make liable cosmetic products and allows only healthy chemicals (ingredients) to process every type of item.
Any organization that produces cosmetic products should focus on the recommendations of the items following the GMP guidelines as they vary from country to country.
ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practice cosmetics guidelines are appropriate and affirmative for all companies as well as cosmetic items. In 2013, the GMP recognized ISO 22716 Certification as cGMP. Any cosmetic company that adopts different technologies and tools should be affiliated with the guidelines of cGMP first.
Benefits of ISO 22716 Certification
An organization that follows the ISO 22716:2007 GMP Certification process should get the following benefits for sure:
- Find the genuine composition of cosmetic ingredients and other production errors.
- Zero chance of getting difficulties in the contamination of Equipment and tools.
- Staff will get appropriate training to avoid different hazards and mishaps.
- Appropriate use of raw materials (including water)
- Improvements in the testing of ingredients and water adequately for quality before use.
- No more issues with utilizing various approved manufacturing procedures
- Easy documentation,
- Avoid unnecessary deviations in quality.
- Avoid errors while Printing labels containing errors, information
- Not manufacturing products that are harmful to
- Customer-centric production is assured.
- Easy to trace and identify potential issues that are affecting user experience.
Requirements of ISO 22716 Certification
Legal Compliance: ISO 22716 Compliance is necessary for an organization to follow. Each guideline contains information that leads to perfection in the manufactured product. It will give the appropriate
- Clear Elaboration of Cosmetic Manufacturing processes
- Follow Legit Methods and Protocols of ISO 22716 Standard
- Go through the appropriate guidelines as per the GMP.
- Training Sessions of Operators should be as per the GMP guidelines.
- Identification of risk and errors
- Following the maintenance and Documentation of the production.
- Proper sanitation and hygiene
- Conducting inspection and regular ISO 22716 Audit
- Well-designed GMP complaints forum
- Implementing Corrective actions
The standard consists of various main sections, and to simplify these sections, the standard has added a specific Principle against each. These are the requirements:
3.3 Key responsibilities
3.5 Personnel hygiene and health
3.6 Visitors and untrained personnel
4.2 Types of area
4.5 Floors, walls, ceilings, windows
4.6 Washing and toilet facilities
4.9 Pipework, drains and ducts
4.10 Cleaning and sanitization
4.13 Pest control
5.2 Equipment design
5.5 Cleaning and sanitization
5.9 Back-up systems
6 Raw materials and packaging materials
6.4 Identification and status
6.5 Release6.6 Storage
6.8 Quality of water used in production
7.2 Manufacturing operations
7.3 Packaging operations
8 Finished products
8.5 Returns9 Quality control laboratory
9.2 Test methods
9.3 Acceptance criteria
9.5 Out-of-specification results
9.6 Reagents, solutions, reference standards, culture media
9.8 Retain sample
10 Treatment of product that is out of specification
10.1 Rejected finished products, bulk products, raw materials and packaging materials
10.2 Reprocessed finished products and bulk products
11.2 Types of waste
12.2 Types of subcontracting
12.3 Contract giver
12.4 Contract acceptor
14 Complaints and recalls
4.2 Product complaints
14.3 Product recalls
15 Change control
16 Internal audit
17.2 Type of document
17.3 Writing, approval and distribution
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- Ascent WORLD will help you to guide and implement GMP Certification with the proper knowledge for your employees and staff of each level.
- Ascent WORLD as a part of your organization’s family gives you a helping hand throughout the process.
- Ascent WORLD is available 24X7 to cater to the customers’ and clients’ needs.
- Ascent WORLD follows all the ethics of the standard to get implemented accurately.
- Ascent WORLD provides your organization with Gap Analysis before deciding the actual cost for certification.
- Ascent WORLD offers our services as pocket-friendly with no charges hidden.
- Ascent WORLD has well-trained and experienced consultants who can do internal audits and GMP Audits in India precisely.
- Ascent WORLD minimizes non-conformities of the standard and batch recalls and adverse reports from consumers and end-users.
- Ascent WORLD hires Highly qualified team members (M.B.A., Degree engineers) and owners who have rich professional experience. We have a 100% success rate for global standards certification including ISO of our clients from reputed certifying bodies and branded images and leading names in the market.
- Our professional trainers and consultants have experience with different companies for management training, ISO consultancy, process improvement concept implementation, and ISO series consultancy.
Apart from all; We offer the following Unique Selling Points (USPs):
- International reputation
- Higher expertise
- Knowledgeable consultants.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches
- Skilled professionals.
- Certification is guaranteed.
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- 24×7 support system activated
- Ascent WORLD is not working under a few temporary individuals or hiring outsiders to do your work. The result is assured with us.
- We are the best consultancy agency in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does GMP Conformity explain?
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is the guideline that explains the quality of the products. The standard is arranged to reliably control and improve the excellence of the products. It also reduces the threats that may be involved in the process and eradicates them through testing.
ISO 22716 covers all stages within the supply chain duirng the cosmetics product and lays down requirements on the criteria for quality at different stages. It thus provides a comprehensive approach throughout the various cosmetic manufacturing stages, starting from the purchase of raw materials, production, QA/QC, Administration, packaging, labelling, logistics and dispatches, including receipt at the customers end.
Is ISO 22716 Certification mandatory?
ISO 22716 Certification is voluntary. However, the 5PS (GMP Principle) is the one that gives a cosmetic institute the right quality guideline. 5PS represents People, processes, premises, products, and procedures including paperwork. So, it will be a great deal for an organization to accept
What golden rules are to be followed for GMP?
- Initially start outlying the facility.
- Develop & confirm the process.
- Write the process and procedure.
- Allocate the work.
- Keep a regular check.
- Train the employees.
- Practice and implement good hygiene.
What is the ISO 22716 Certification Cost in India?
The ISO 22716 Certification Cost in India depends on the size, type, and geographical location of the organization. However, Ascent WORLD provides a better and more customizable package that suits the budget of your cosmetic industry.
Who is responsible for GMP?
It is U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States that allows GMP. The use of cGMP is appropriate for cosmetics as per the FDA.
What are the areas that GMP approves?
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is one that focuses on certain areas too. They are
- Establishment – Design, facilities, equipment, and maintenance
- Control of operations
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Product certification
- Pest control
- Packaging and labeling etc
- Waste management