ISO 22000 Certification – Food Safety Management Systems
Deliver safe and quality food to ensure the safety of public health by achieving ISO 22000 certification in India.
What is ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 certification is for a food safety management system (FSMS) for any organization in the food chain. By implementing an ISO 22000 standard, FSMS based on an organization can specify the requirements and procedure for a food safety management system that generically involves the following elements: – both side interactive communication, system management, prerequisite programs, and HACCP principles. Thus it provides the means to determine and analysis why certain determined hazards need to be controlled.
ISO 22000:2018 has been aligned with Annexure SL / High-Level Structure developed by the International Organization for Standardization to enhance the compatibility of the two standards. In comparison with HACCP (a principle oriented standard), the standard is a more procedural orientated guidance than a principle-based one. Food safety is the responsibility and accountability that involves all the stakeholders present in the food chain – in fact, supervision is necessary at every single stage; that is why effective communication at every level must be interactive, not only top-down.
The most effective food safety systems are documented, established, implemented, operated and maintained & updated within the framework of a structured management system and incorporated into the overall management activities of the organization. Recognition of the food organization’s role and position within the food chain is essential to ensure effective interactive internal/external communication trails throughout the chain to deliver safe food products finally to the final consumer. Communication along the food chain is essential for the organization to ensure that all relevant food safety hazards have been identified and are being adequately controlled at every stage within the food chain. Application of ISO 22000 requires both side communication in an organization i.e. down as well upstream communication in the cycle of the food chain. Communication with customers and supplies about identified food hazards and relevant and appropriate control measures will assist in clarifying customer and supplier requirements.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
- Food safety (not product quality)
- Integration of HACCP method
- The satisfaction of all the parties involved; authorities dedicated to control legal requirements; consumers, intermediaries, other food companies
- Evaluation and determination of customer requirements and provision of proof of compliance with such mutually agreed food safety requirements, to increase customer satisfaction
- Optimizing resources both internally and across the entire supply chain
- Effective communication of food quality and safety aspects to suppliers, customers, and other players involved in the food supply chain
- Special terms access to financial procedures
- Reduction of resource misuse
- Better ability to adhere to legal requirements
- Possibility of competing in Foreign Markets with an objective warranty of organization quality
- More likeliness of winning National and International tenders
- Reduction of bank guarantee in public contracts
- More possibility of getting clients
- Improvement of the company image
- Monitoring and cost-cutting
Requirements of ISO 22000 Certification
Organizations implementing ISO 22000 independently of other management system standards or integrated with existing management system need to comply with these requirements:-
- Setting objectives to comply with the policy to gain the desired objective
- Introduction to policies for overall food safety
- Planning and designing a management system
- Effective internal communication
- Appropriately trained and qualified Personnel
- Evaluate the performance
- Following HACCP principles
- A traceability system for identification of CCP
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- We Ascent WORLD have our team of Consultants and Auditors with a professional attitude to conduct ISO 22000 Certification process for your organization.
- We Ascent WORLD have experience of 10+years for providing training and knowledge to achieve ISO 22000 Certificate in India.
- We Ascent WORLD can help Organizations to integrate ISO 22000 to the principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system and application steps developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- We Ascent WORLD can help to combine the HACCP plan with prerequisite PRPs.
- We Ascent WORLD follows the processes to add value at every stage, by reducing the non-conformities of the standard.
- We Ascent WORLD provide you with the best quote to value for money-including internal and external audit costs, with no extra cost.
- Ascent WORLD is available to help you 24X7 to solve your queries.
- We Ascent WORLD follow Plan-Do-Check-Act to effectively demonstrate its compliance towards ISO 22000:2018 standard, and so that the FSMS is appropriately implemented.
- We Ascent WORLD follow all the ethics to frame the outline that suits your needs and helps in achieving desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who needs to implement ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System?
Organizations involved in the supply of food chain can apply for ISO 22000 Certificate. They can be
- Additive Producers
- Food processors
- Providers of machinery related to food process
- Hotels, Catering service providers
Food Retailers, Manufactures, Transporters, etc.
Why you need to acquire ISO 22000 Certification?
Becoming ISO 22000 certified ensures customers that your organization has a Food Management System in place building customers’ confidence in your products. This will, in turn, help you to gain worldwide recognition, mitigate the risks involved, and increases transparency in working with a hike in business volume.
For how long ISO 22000 valid?
ISO 22000 For Food Safety Management System Certificate last for 3 years from the issuing date and require annual Surveillance and Re-certification process after expiry.
Is HACCP and ISO 22000 same?
HACCP works under the principles of CCP Critical Control Point that may hazard food safety. HAACP is a part of ISO 22000 that tries to identify the risk and prevent the hazard from the initial source to plate throughout the process.
Is ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 the same standard?
NO, ISO 22000 Is an ISO published international standard for Food Safety Management System; whereas FSSC Food Safety System Certification is recognized under the GFSI (GlobalFood Safety Initiative).
What is the cost of ISO 22000 Certification in India?
The cost depends on the turnover, internal and external audit charges with certification and size you want to cover under ISO 22000. Costing of this is not more than the health of your customers.