CE MARKING Certification
Get the entry pass for the European Market by gaining the CE marking Certification in India.
What is CE Marking?
CE marking is the roadway to get the pass for the European Market and build your brand image internationally.
CE marking is the short term for Conformitè Europëenne, defined as the European Union’s (EU) mandatory conformity marking; sold within the European Economic Area (EEA) for regulating the goods since 1985. CE marking is the safety Directives you need to trade in the EU Nations. Affixing a CE Mark to a product is a manufacturer’s declaration that the product complies with all the Directives of the EU requirements. This makes the CE marked products recognizable worldwide even to those who are unfamiliar with the EEA.
A CE mark is a symbol that must be affixed to the products before placing the products in the European market. The mark indicates that a product fulfills the requirements of relevant European Directives and is fit for its purpose and will not endanger lives or property. The presence of CE marking further indicates that the product is legally placed on the market in their country. Accomplishing European harmonized performance and safety standards organization.
Benefits of CE Marking
- Act as a passport for trading in European markets with free movement.
- Act as a guarantor that the products are safe and environmentally friendly.
- CE Mark indicates the starting point from which quality starts.
- Customer Satisfaction is achieved.
- Products stay authentic and hazardless from the safety and protection
- The benefit of International stature to your product.
- Comply with legal regulations eliminating conflicts between national regulations.
- Reduces damages and liability claims.
- Takes business to new heights
- Credibility and brand value increases.
Requirements of CE Marking Certification
Acquiring a CE mark for the product in an organization manufacturer needs to comply with all the requirements. These include:
- Accountability of manufacturing process and procedure of the product.
- Application of the best practices for the safety of the product.
- Establish a flowchart, design, diagram of the product.
- Determine the characteristics of the product by testing.
- Maintaining the documents of the changes implemented to meet the Directives of the standard.
- Carry out conformity assessment as per EU Directives.
- Setup technical files and other required Documentation.
- Sign a Declaration by Legislation.
These steps can be self achieved or fulfilled by a third party who provides the full process of assessment done to achieve CE marking certification on their behalf.
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- We Ascent have our team of Consultants and Auditors with a professional attitude to conduct the CE Marking Certification process for your organization.
- We Ascent have experience of 10+years in providing training and knowledge to achieve CE Marking Certificate.
- We Ascent follow the processes to add value at every stage, by reducing the non-conformities of the Directives
- We Ascent provide you with the best quote to value for money-including internal and external audit costs, with no extra cost.
- We Ascent WORLD are available to help you 24X7 to solve your queries.
- We Ascent in Plan-Do-Check-Act to remove hindrances in achieving the CE Marking Certification.
- We Ascent follow all the ethics to frame the outline that suits your needs and helps in achieving desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why you need CE marking?
CE marking applies to apply to the products if a manufacturer needs to put them into service in the European Economic Area. CE mark indicates the product has passed all the assessment of the EU Directives related to safety, health, and environmental protection requirements. CE marking states that the product has passed all technical requirements to build customer satisfaction.
How to check CE marked products?
To check the product if they are CE marked then you can see the symbol CE on the backside of your product with the space between them and the dimension as per the Directives.
Which Industry or Country require CE marking?
CE marking is mandatory in all EU member countries
- Turkey etc.
Products that need CE mark for trading in EU Nations are
- Electrical equipment,
- Medical devices
- Gas appliances,
- Explosive atmosphere
- Water boilers in vitro diagnostic
Construction Products Regulation came into effect from 1st of July 2013, and need to apply CE marking. They are
Thermal insulators etc.
How long CE Marking valid for?
CE marking is valid for 5 years from the date of compliance with regular Surveillance Audit and Re-Certification.
What is the cost of CE Certification?
Costing of CE Certification differs from company to company depending on the risk of the product. If the product is at high risk then the cost of certification must be accordingly.
What if the product fails CE Marking?
If a product that needs CE marking doesn’t meet the relevant requirements then it cannot be sold legally and the maximum penalty is 3 months in jail and a $ 5000 fine for the director of the affecting company. Affixing of marking on products that do not require the CE can also lead to penalties.
CE Marking for low voltage electrical / electronic products
Introduction of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) directive 2014/30/EU
Guide for CE Certification Requirements
Guide for CE Certification Requirements What is CE Certification? CE Certification commonly includes the accompanying requirementsStarting around...