Increase the Lifespan and Durability of your Institutional and Business Furniture by achieving BIFMA Certification in India for your Organization.
What is BIFMA Certification?
To retain your office furniture year after year without any wear and tear obtaining BIFMA Certification for your organization to increase the shelf life of your furniture.
BIFMA Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association established in 1973, is the not-for-profit trade association developed by a joint committee of BIFMA by Unison process described by AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARD INSTITUTE (ANSI). BIFMA Certification is a voluntary standard for business and institutional furniture manufacturers to administer and develop the furniture industry. It is generally engaged to lead, design, develop, advocate, advise and create models for the office and institutional furniture industry. The dependable and durability of office furniture keep offices running. BIFMA Certification addresses many things like Safety, Sustainability and social responsibility, Durability and strength, Recyclability and recycled content, Chemical content and emissions, Reliability, Overall quality, Flammability, and electrical components, Material, and energy efficiency, environmentally conscious design, Waste and water management.
Now, BIFMA certification is accepted as the parameter of furniture quality & safety that gives an effectual forum to achieve greater sustainability attributes. Manufacturers who receive the level certification mark are verifying that their policies and guidelines of providing the furniture world apply to BIFMA plans. A voluntary standardization of sustainable furniture and components are meeting the stringent requirements of the BIFMA standard. Organizations can choose the level of standard of BIFMA. By making a consistent improvement on their product an organization can also move their product to a higher level of conformance. BIFMA establishes certain furniture mark on the specific scale
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Human and Ecosystem Health
- Social Responsibility
On these four criteria, the Manufacturer receives points on manufacturing facility and organization as a whole.
Level 1 Certification -32-44 points
Level-2 Certification -44-62 points
Level-3 Certification -63-100 points
Benefits for BIFMA Certification
BIFMA Certification benefits to an organization besides safety, such as:
- A high-quality and carefully tested furniture
- Ensures the durability and dependability of the product for many years
- Promote a healthy work environment
- Increases productivity
- Decreases work-related injuries
- An ongoing improvement in your Organization
- Carries a warranty of 5 years
- Mandates continuous monitoring
- Cheap rate with best services
- Internationally approved
Requirements of BIFMA Certification
Tested industries furniture needs to meet certain minimum requirements to comply with BIFMA Certification.
- Purpose for assessing Products according to BIFMA Standard
- Ensure successful conformance with the Standard
- Conducting testing of the Products
- Ensure efficient use of Materials
- Usage of Energy and atmospheric considerations
- Appropriate chemical constituents used in Furniture
- Ensure operations and maintenance of facilities used
- Prepare Product Conformance documents
- Conduct Internal Audit
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- We Ascent have our team of Consultants and Auditors with a professional attitude to conduct the BIFMA Certification process for your Organization.
- We Ascent have experience of 10+years, for providing training and knowledge to achieve BIFMA Certificate and implement BIFMA marking to provide a quality product to the end-users.
- We Ascent follow the processes to add value at every stage, by reducing the Non-Conformities of the Standard.
- We Ascent provide you with the best quote to value for money-including Internal and External Audit costs, with no extra cost.
- Ascent WORLD is available to help you 24X7 to solve your queries.
- We Ascent in Plan-Do-Check-Act to remove hindrances in achieving the BIFMA Certification
- We Ascent follow all the ethics to frame the outline that suits your needs and helps in achieving desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why your organization require BIFMA Certification?
Organizations with BIFMA Certification have gained the sustainability of their furniture for years and years by providing safety, durability, reliability, overall quality, flammability, and environmentally-conscious design and reduction in waste and water management.
What is BIFMA testing?
ANSI/BIFMA put in place common standards for the industry and institutional furniture including Desk and table products meant for use in a commercial office environment. Testing facilities that the products comply with BIFMA protocols.
What is the cost of BIFMA Certification in India?
The cost of a BIFMA Certificate depends on the size of an organization and the type of products your organization wants to use.
How to level the product according to BIFMA levels?
The products are bifurcated into multiple levels of criteria of achievement and performance for manufacturers at different stages of their sustainability journey.
What is the validity of the BIFMA Certification?
The validity of the BIMFA Certification is for 3 years with yearly surveillance and re-certification after the expiry of the certificate.