ISI Marking Certification
Achieve quality assurance and safety by getting your products ISI Marking Certification in India
What is ISI Marking Certification?
ISI mark is one of the most recognized and used marks for a quality check in the Indian Subcontinent. It is a Certification mark for quality used to depict the grade for company goods and products in the market in India. Every product which puts this mark reflects the trust and safety of the product by applicable on compliant as per guidelines of the Bureau. Customers nowadays, like to buy the products that are ISI marked for orderly commercial growth and maintaining quality in industrial production. By the mid-’80s, the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) the strong body took over ISI. But the term “ISI mark” continues to be used to monitor and establish quality checks to ensure the safety of the products and goods set up by the government.
A governing body formed by the Indian government created the standard ISI “Indian Standards Institute”, to ensure that the products that are delivered to the customers are safe for their use and are in adherence with all the standards set by them.
ISI certification helps in facilitating business growth by welcoming foreign manufacturers to India. Foreign manufacturers are most welcomed to apply for ISI Certification for their products to be sold in India. BIS issues ISI certificate after testing and confirming the quality of the product in the approved laboratory to the required product manufactured by the Indian or Foreign producer. BIS also verifies the factory and its manufacturing process by visiting the unit.
Benefits of ISI Marking Certification
In India, the ISI mark is the synonym for better and safe products. Hence the organizations need to have ISI mark certification for their products to enjoy its benefits listed below:
- Best quality of the products
- Product replacement in case of any defects
- Increase the satisfaction of the Customers
- Grow your Business to newer heights
- Compliance with Government Regulation
- Well managed process in an Organization
- Build a reputation in the Market
- Increases Creditability
- Increases competitiveness amongst Competitors
- Regular testing of the goods and products
Requirements of ISI Marking Certification
Products need to fulfill certain requirements to be ISI Marked before publishing the product into the Market:
- Conduct Product testing to confirm the guidelines of the safety underlined by the government.
- Identify an ISI standard code for your product.
- Establish and determine the raw material used to draw a particular product.
- Establish verification and self-evaluation reports of the product.
- Test reports received from BIS-approved laboratories.
- Address proof of the manufacturing unit.
- BIS is supposed to check the veracity of the reports within a month and grant an ISI license
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- Ascent is an experienced consultancy for ISI Certification for the past 10+ years and thereby facilitating business growth in India.
- We Ascent takes every step in the direction of success by providing training to each level of staff and employees through the appropriate process.
- We at Ascent helps to organize all formalities and documentation required by BIS to certify the product as per the regulation of the government laws for the safety of the goods and products.
- We Ascent have appropriate testing methods that rarely come up with Non-Conformities.
- Ascent WORLD is ready to provide a helping hand to our clients and customers 24X7 in the process and further.
- We Ascent provide proper guidance about the cost to acquire ISI Mark without any additional or hidden cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of achieving ISI Marking Certification?
To apply for the ISI license, the company has to pay consultancy and Certification Charges depending on the complexity of the product.
Is ISI Marking Certification mandatory?
ISI Mark is mandatory for products listed below. Approximately there are 107 products that are mandatory and require ISI certification These are:
- Automobile accessories
- Medical equipment
- Steel products
- Oil pressure stoves
- Foods and related products
- Cylinders, valves, and regulators
- Electrical transformers
- Household electrical goods
How long does ISI Marking Certification valid for?
The ISI certification is valid for 2 years. It subsequently renewed on completion of 2 years and payment of the renewal fee.
Why you need ISI Marking Certification?
The companies who need to get their products ISI mark so that they could win the confidence of the customers by providing the best quality products to them.
How long it takes to acquire ISI Marking Certification Licence?
Approximately, it takes 6 months to acquire ISI Marking Certification.
How to identify fake ISI Marking?
As with everything in the world, there are also ISI marking copycats that were not authorized by BIS.
- Fakes do not have 7 digits (CM/L-xxxxxxx)
- Even sometimes IS number at the top of the ISI mark is missing
- Sometimes try to trick you by putting a small ISI mark
Therefore it is necessary to check the ISI mark before the purchase of the product.