HACCP Certification: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
Increase your Production and Sales by providing food safety from any hazards or CCPs by adopting HACCP Certification in India.
What is HACCP Certification?
Adopt correct and effective methodology to manage food safety and providing safe food to the customer by certifying HACCP Certification for an organization.
HACCP is a management system for food safety. It is essential to demonstrate your commitment to producing or trading in safe food to customers. HACCP Certification is a system that recognizes a food business to identify and manage food safety-related risk by implementing systems and procedures following HACCP Plans. HACCP Principles aims to identify hazards in a food system and apply the result in eliminating or controlling them to ensure that the food is safe.
HACCP plays a critical role in ensuring your business is prepared to comply with the HACCP Food Hygiene principles. It is a systematic approach to prevent and avoid any hazard to the food from chemical, physical, and biological hazards, in the production process making the finished product unsafe for usage. Following HACCP Principles helps the food industries that can prove due diligence and conformance to HACCP. Application of HACCP plan helps in Risk-Based Preventive Controls and Hazard Analysis system variation for an organization.
HACCP follows and works on seven principles to establish effective food safety.
- Conducting Hazard Analysis of food hazards (chemical, physical, and biological hazards)
- Establish each Critical Control Points CCPs to include measurements of temperature, time, moisture, etc.
- Implementing Critical Control Limits CCL, for example, minimum cooling temperate for storage for a particular food product. Each has a different CCL.
- Establish and monitor the procedure system to control Critical Control Points
- Establish and apply corrective actions wherever required
- Establish a procedure for verification the Conformity of the HAACP system
- Establish and maintain Documentation and Records of each step and methodology
Also, check the Seven Principles of HACCP explain in Detail.
Benefits of HACCP Certification
- Customer satisfaction by providing safe food to end-users.
- Ensuring Consumer health safety.
- Improvement in food standards and quality enhanced the conformity of HACCP Principles by avoiding hazards and CCPs.
- Benefit of international stature against other competitors with no HACCP certification and achieve more heights in the market.
- Identifies, manages, and minimizes risks and hazards at the earlier stage of the process.
- Assists in the long run of your business adding credibility and brand image.
- Builds stakeholder’s confidence by good market value.
- Prevention of diseases and chemical hazards due to food damage.
- Reduces cost in recalls and damages
- Ensures teamwork among the personnel in an organization.
Requirements of HACCP Certification
- Development of an effective HACCP plan
- Full description of the Product
- Identify intended use of the Product
- Prepare the procedures and plan to follow HACCP plans
- Identify and list all the hazards and CCPs.
- Establish each CCPs limits for a particular food
- Specific corrective actions to deal with deviations
- Establish verification process to determine the working of HAAC system
- Establish accurate record-keeping
- Conduct Internal Audit
Strength of Ascent WORLD
- We Ascent have our team of Consultants and Auditors with a professional attitude to conduct the HACCP Certification process for your Organization.
- We Ascent have experience of 10+years, for providing training and knowledge to achieve HACCP certificate and implement HACCP plans to provide safe food to the end-users.
- We Ascent follow the processes to add value at every stage, by reducing the Non-Conformities of the Standard.
- We Ascent provide you with the best quote to value for money-including Internal and External Audit costs, with no extra cost.
- Ascent WORLD is available to help you 24X7 to solve your queries.
- We Ascent in Plan-Do-Check-Act to remove hindrances and hazards in achieving the HACCP plan
- We Ascent follow all the ethics to frame the outline that suits your needs and helps in achieving desired results.
Why it is important to implement HACCP Certification?
Proper implementation of HACCP plans helps an organization to guarantee that the product is 100% safe for usage and passed all the requirements of HACCP principles. HACCP’s main aim is to reduce the risks and hazards involved in the manufacturing process and controlling the CCPS and CCLs for a particular product to acquire hazard-free products.
Is ISO 22000 and HACCP the same?
No. HACCP is a part of ISO 22000. ISO 22000 is the Food Safety Management System for ensuring safety from the starting point of the food chain whereas HAACP is for Hazard analysis and controlling the risk involved in the process.
Who can apply for a HACCP plan?
HACCP applies to all types of organizations related to the process of food whether is a food manufacturer, retailer, wholesaler, or any.
How long does HACCP certificate valid?
HACCP certification is valid for three years with yearly surveillance and re-certification after the expiry of the certificate.
How long it requires to acquire HACCP certification?
If all the requirements are in place, then implementation of HACCP plans for your organization becomes easier after the full documentation process and assessment of the HAACP system.
What is the cost of HACCP certification?
The cost of HACCP depends on the size you want to consider under the HACCP plan and the geographical location. The cost includes both internal and external audit costs and the consultancy you hire.